DOYLESTOWN, PA — Doylestown Health will increase the goal of ONE VISION: The Campaign for Doylestown Health to $100 million—adding $25 million to the original target—to advance the next phase of bold transformation across the health system. Since the public launch of its first-ever comprehensive fundraising campaign in June 2018, Doylestown Health has seen record-breaking generosity from its supporters, inspired by a wide range of campaign priorities to sustain its tradition of excellence and build for the next century of award-winning care.
The new $100 million goal, proposed by the leadership of ONE VISION: The Campaign for Doylestown Health, was unanimously approved on January 25, 2021, by the Board of Trustees for Doylestown Health Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Doylestown Health.
The campaign has so far generated commitments of $70 million from nearly 6,000 donors, just past the halfway point to its originally planned conclusion in 2023, which will mark Doylestown Health’s centennial year.
“Doylestown Health has pursued a truly monumental boldness in launching our campaign,” One Vision campaign chair and retired Chairman and CEO, Merck & Co., Richard “Dick” Clark said. “With the partnership and support of our honorary chairs Alex and Pat Gorsky, Angie and I have witnessed incredible momentum moving Doylestown Health forward. New donors alongside dedicated, long-standing donors have all stepped up to support Doylestown Health, which is renowned locally, regionally, and across our state for providing superior healthcare across a robust range of sub-specialty care. Together, we share a vision—One Vision—for excellence in healthcare in this community.”
Clark continued, “While our successes underscore the ideas that inspire our generous donors, we can’t declare victory just yet. When we reach our new, ambitious goal we will proudly share the achievement of taking Doylestown Health to a new level knowing we have the much-needed resources in place to recruit and retain high-quality, skilled physicians, and meet any challenges that lie ahead of us.”
With the new campaign goal, Doylestown Health seeks to launch a slate of new initiatives that include:
- The relocation and expansion of the Women’s Diagnostic Center in Doylestown Hospital to incorporate new advancements in technology and treat more patients
- Rebuilding Children’s Village after tornado damage last summer rendered the former location unusable
- A new patient unit featuring universal beds, advancing Doylestown Health’s commitment to transition to an all-private bed hospital
- A conference suite and learning center to promote community education and events as well as medical education and continued training and learning for Associates of Doylestown Health
- Renovations and campus enhancements at Pine Run Retirement Community with new amenities and programs designed to enrich active senior living
- The growth of the Doylestown Health Legacy Endowment Fund, securing a permanent source of funding and safeguarding the independence and future of Doylestown Health
“One Vision tells the story of how the Doylestown Health community has come together since the launch of this campaign,” said Laura Wortman, Vice President and Chief Development Officer of Doylestown Health. “Beginning with the steadfast leadership of Jim Brexler, President and CEO of Doylestown Health, and the Boards of Trustees, we moved quickly to launch a transformative set of initiatives that will shape and secure our second century of care.”
In addition, Wortman acknowledged the supportive role of the Village Improvement Association of Doylestown (VIA), which founded the first hospital in 1923 and continues to serve as the health system’s governing body. Through fundraising events like the annual Bucks County Designer’s House and Gardens and other initiatives, the VIA has made a significant impact on the progress of the One Vision campaign.
Wortman continued, “There is no question that the sheer magnitude of this campaign is historic for Doylestown Health, yet what truly matters is the impact created by the nearly 6,000 donors who have joined this effort thus far. We are grateful for the support and trust of our community and we look forward to the next phase of the One Vision campaign.”
Signature accomplishments made possible by donor investments to date include:
- The opening of the state-of-the-art Cardiovascular and Critical Care Pavilion, home to the Woodall Center for Heart and Vascular Care and the Clark Center for Critical Care Medicine
- The Community Center, a hub for gracious living, wellness and fellowship on the campus of Pine Run Retirement Community
- The Ambulatory Center, home to the newly dedicated Clark Outpatient Rehabilitation Center as well as pre-admission testing and other outpatient services
- Expansion of the Doylestown Hospital Surgical Suite now underway
- Endowment funds providing opportunities for restricted and unrestricted giving
About Doylestown Health
Doylestown Health is a comprehensive healthcare system of inpatient, outpatient and wellness education services connected to meet the health needs of all members of the local and regional community. Doylestown Hospital, the flagship to Doylestown Health, has 239 beds and a Medical Staff of more than 435 physicians in over 50 specialties. An independent nonprofit health system, Doylestown Health is dedicated to providing innovative, patient-centered care for all ages.
About Doylestown Health Foundation
As the philanthropic arm of Doylestown Health, Doylestown Health Foundation raises funds to safeguard the future of excellence in patient care and to improve the quality of life for all members of the community. Philanthropic support of an ambitious comprehensive campaign, ONE VISION: The Campaign for Doylestown Health, is transforming the delivery of superior healthcare in our community, both in new and expanded facilities, and through advancements in cutting-edge programs and state-of-the-art technologies. Contributions also support bold investments in innovative treatments, process improvements, and community resources to enhance the patient experience well into Doylestown Health’s second century of healthcare excellence.